December 06, 2019
- Report any fraud on your credit card to the FBI website ic3.gov, even if your bank has already voided your card.
- Change any passwords that duplicate passwords you use on other sites. A password manager is a good investment (and some are free).
- Don’t use debit cards, only credit cards for remote purchases; your liability is greater with debit cards.
- When shopping online, paying with PayPal can add an additional layer of protection; it won’t reveal your card number or bank details.
- Don’t swipe a card at the pump. Pay inside instead.
- Set up alerts on your mobile phone so you’re notified of every purchase made with your credit card.
- Don’t buy online at stores that don’t have a lock in the URL window. Call in your order instead.
- Freeze your credit at the three credit agencies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
SOURCE: Washington Post Business, 9/15/19