January 06, 2020
- Steve Jobs unveils the iPad.
- Instagram explodes onto the scene.
- Self-driving cars hit the road.
- Siri says hello (and much more).
- The Tim Cook era begins at Apple.
- Facebook goes public.
- Google glass walks the runway.
- Edward Snowden blows the whistle on the N.S.A.
- Jeff Bezos buys the Washington Post.
- Tiktok plays its first notes.
- Alibaba goes public.
- North Korea hacks Sony Pictures.
- Amazon invents the shopping day, Prime Day.
- Theranos begins to unravel.
- A court orders Apple to unlock an iPhone.
- Pokemon Go makes the real world a game.
- Facebook helps sway 2016 election.
- YouTube has a billion-hour day.
- Bitcoin’s spike sets off a frenzy.
- Cambridge Analytica scandal breaks.
- Congress grills Mark Zuckerberg.
- Uber goes public
- Antitrust regulators target big tech.
- Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook won’t fact-check political ads.
SOURCE: New York Times Business, 12/22/19