Not bringing your lunch to work because of the microwave line backup? Consider investing in a butane-powered crème brûlée torch. With it, you can:
- Melt cheese on stuff.
- Brûlée a grapefruit.
- Brûlée vanilla Greek yogurt.
- Blast a tortilla.
- Top leftover pasta with bread crumbs and a drizzle of oil and blast until toasted.
- Sear sushi.
- Blister shishito peppers
- Make midafternoon s’mores for all your coworkers.
- Torch orange peels to put in happy-hour beers.
- When the inevitable water wars begin, use it to light Molotov cocktails (Just kidding!).
One thing you can’t do with a desk torch is make toast, so be sure to eat breakfast before you leave for work.
SOURCE: Popular Mechanics, 2/8/19