December 06, 2019
As a storm rolled through Port Charlotte, Florida, Marylou Ward and her husband got an explosive surprise. Ward said she heard  “boom” that was the loudest noise she’d ever heard. “We smelled smoke and I looked outside,” she said. Smoke was coming from her septic tank, but it was the indoor effect that really shocked them: Her master bedroom toilet was in hundreds of pieces. A plumber explained that a nearby lightning strike ignited methane gas that had built up in the pipes and septic tank, destroying not only the tank and the toilet, but the indoor plumbing as well. Fortunately, no one was hurt: “I’m just glad none of us were on the toilet,” Ward said.
 
SOURCE: Funny Times, October 2019