According to recent surveys, only about half of all small business owners are planning to take a vacation this year.
And if you’ve been in business less than 10 years, or have fewer than five employees, the odds are even bleaker – only about 40% of you plan on taking off. And even if you do, fully two-thirds of you say you are planning on checking with the home office every day.
Your reasons for not taking time off?
- Finances are tight.
- Business can’t run without me.
- An opportunity won’t be handled correctly.
However, research indicates that these reasons pale in comparison to the benefits of taking a vacation. You will:
- Recharge your batteries.
- Get the creative juices flowing again.
- Make your significant others happy.
- Give yourself a well-deserved and much-needed break from your routine.