Can splurges for small business be justified?
Aren’t luxury purchases at the top of the “no” list? The truth is, a little luxury can go far to motivate employees. To keep your business out of a rut, invest in these splurges:
- Branding – Within the sea of competition, branding can help you stand out, but think of branding as more than a logo and name. Branding also includes how you operate, including your customer interactions and business reputation.
- High-end Laptops (or desktops) for employees – Don’t make your employees suffer with malfunctioning or slow laptops. When employees struggle to use basic tools, they’re not as productive as they could be which means your business suffers.
- High-quality Air Filtration – Indoor air pollution can be up to ten times worse than outdoor air pollution. Unlike open spaces, contained areas collect pollutants that will re-circulate. Invest in the highest quality high MERV rated filter for the central HVAC unit plus freestanding filtration units in areas that don’t get much circulation or rooms without operable windows.
- Quality Coffee Maker – Not all of your employees will be coffee drinkers, but the ones who are need access to coffee throughout the day. More than one maker is essential because one person’s coffee-making skills may not be acceptable to pickier folks.
A Comfortable Couch for the Break Room – Your employees are your biggest assets so they need a comfortable place to rest their . . . behinds.
- Pneumatic Desks for Standing and Sitting – Standing desks not only combat the ill effects of sitting for too long, but they’ve also been proven to increase productivity.