April 30, 2019
- Instead of heading to Orlando for Disney World, travel to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, for Dollywood. Dollywood is cheaper and also has the world’s fastest wooden roller coaster.
- While Nashville, Tennessee, is known for its country music, consider Memphis, Tennessee, instead. Memphis is home to Elvis’ famous home, Graceland.
- Las Vegas can get expensive, so head to Atlantic City, New Jersey, instead. Vegas may have its famous strip, but Atlantic City has an iconic boardwalk that overlooks a great beach.
- Avoid the crowds of New York City and instead travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Experience the hustle and bustle of a metropolitan city in a more relaxed atmosphere.
- If you want to experience hipster culture, don’t go to Portland, Oregon. Instead, head to Albuquerque, New Mexico. It’s got stylish coffee shops and breweries, plus plenty of art galleries.
- Travel to Detroit, Michigan, instead of booking a trip to Chicago, Illinois. Detroit has recently rebranded itself as a world-class city filled with culture and history.
- Instead of making Miami, Florida, your summer travel destination, try San Diego, California. Miami has been named one of the rudest cities in the nation. Why go there?
- Sure, Los Angeles is the center of the movie industry, but Atlanta, Georgia, is gaining a reputation as the “Hollywood of the South.” Southern charm, culture, and delicious barbeque. Done.
- Avoid San Francisco’s high hills and even higher prices and travel to Providence, Rhode Island, instead. Hey – it’s one of the most welcoming cities to LGBTQ people . . . and it’s cheaper!
- For stunning nature and adventure, trade Honolulu, Hawaii, with Olympic National Park in Washington. The climate isn’t tropical, but the views are breathtaking and like nowhere else.
SOURCE: thisisinsider.com, April 2019